Ready for a super cheap date or activity to do with a friend or family member visiting the Colorado Springs area? Check out our hit-list destinations and map below to plan your Colorado Springs adventure! Plus, use the CtheSprings hashtag (#CtheSprings) to share your selfies and discoveries!
The adventure started with my friend Mandi’s idea for a Valentine’s Day “friendventure,” and it transformed into an amazing day of discovering our hometown. We took selfies across the city at all the major tourist spots and found some hidden gems. Plus, we mapped out everything, so that you can “CtheSprings,” too!
For those ready to do this thing, here are some tips! First, be sure to have a car charger for your phone because the picture-taking and social-media-posting will run your battery dry. Second, have the passenger update your friends on your adventure while you drive between spots. Third, sneakers or some other comfortable shoes are a good idea. And fourth, a Dutch Bros. Coffee is conveniently located downtown between The Black Sheep and the U.S. Olympic Training Center, just saying. For more information on the areas you’ll be seeing and to find out our full, selfie-hunt story, click here!
Mac & Mandi’s Excellent Selfie Adventure to CtheSprings
A Colorado Springs Scavenger Hunt
Garden of the Gods
- Rock Ledge Ranch
- *Optional Challenge: Take a picture with at least one farm animal.
- Garden of the Gods Entrance
- Kissing Camels
- Balanced Rock
- Briarhurst Manor
- Miramont Castle
- Cog Railway
- Incline/Barr Trail
- Manitou Springs Strip
- Lover’s Bridge
- Penny Arcade
- Mineral Springs
- The Máte Factor Café
- Snowman Statue
- *Optional Challenge: Take pictures with three strangers.
Old Colorado City
- The Loft
- Thunder & Buttons
- Native American-Inspired Graffiti Wall (Westside Tattoo wall)
- OCC Welcome Center Park (Bancroft Park)
- Ghost Town Wild West Museum
- Colorado Mountain Brewery
- *Optional Challenge: Take pictures with three works of art
- Starr Kempf’s Metal Sculpture Garden (Artist filled his yard with his amazing metal sculptures!)
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Seven Falls (You may only find the parking lot, that’s where we ended up, haha!)
- The Broadmoor (Feel free to hold up traffic to get your picture. J Maybe the guard will take it for you!)
Downtown Colorado Springs
- Edelweiss (Deliciously authentic German restaurant!)
- Montague’s Parlour (Coffee and tea and maybe crumpets too)
- America the Beautiful Park
- Memorial Park
- Firefighter Memorial
- Skateboard Park
- The Velodrome
- The Black Sheep
- *Optional Challenge: Find the Darth Vader wall mural. Hint- head East from the Black Sheep)
- Dutch Bros. Coffee (Optional, highly recommended and conveniently placed in-between these two)
- US Olympic Training
- McAllister House Museum
- Tejon Street
- The Rabbit Hole
- Jack Quinn’s
- Phantom Canyon Brewing
- Pioneer Museum
- *Optional Challenge: Take three pictures with statues. Bonus if you find a Humpty Dumpty!
Happy Colorado Springs Adventuring!